6.5.12

dating blues:dust yourself off

i really must apologize for my absence...words cannot express the intensity with which life has toyed with my free time; therefore i will spare you the details and just get back to dating blues.

Have you ever tried talking to more than one chick at a time? That whole thing where you are going on a date with one, emailing another and texting yet another. I have. I find it quite stressful...

Despite feeling quite anxious about talking to multiple women at the same time, a week before that disastrous Cielo debacle, i began emailing back and forth with a lawyer that we will call Aussie (as you may have guessed she's from Down Under). Aussie was an immigration lawyer,  on sabbatical to write novel a la John Grisham. She had a dog, a cat and lived in the suburbs (like 30 miles from Denver suburbs!)

A few days after the emails with Aussie started, a gal we'll call Hip, for hipster, began chatting with me as well. Hip was a bike riding, coffee loving, faux-hawk sporting chef who talked about the sound of big, black typewriters.

Aussies seemingly stable lifestyle was appealing. I mean, she was a lawyer for Christs sake...a lawyer with enough time and money to take nine months off to write a novel! Her emails were short, professional and to the point. Not exactly riveting.

Hip, well, hip was just cool. She worked for a non-prof closely associated with my own organization. She played co-ed soccer on the weekends and wanted to start her own self-defense class for GLBTQ youth. Her emails were descriptive; going into length about the taste of her favorite beer and how to find the best but cheapest big, black typewriters. It seemed we had quite a lot in common.

All the while i was wildly texting Cielo and making plans to finally see her. As you all know, that particular venture ...uhh, blew up in my face.

A couple of days after that disastrous meeting, Aussie suggested we meet for a drink. I will admit, the idea of being strung of by my toenails seemed preferable to another first date...but i pulled myself up by my bootstraps and agreed to meet her at a local bar nearby...

pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again


Two days later, i was also making plans to have coffee with Hip at a delightful little shop nearby. I thought to myself, "why the hell not?! Both dates can't be a bust!"

It never ceases to amaze me how very wrong i can be.


1 comment:

Maria said...

So...what happened?