20.2.12

dating blues: giselle #3

lets just get right to it shall we?
(thanks for the well-wishes btw, i think i have re-entered the land of the living!)

giselle #3

we began to see each other fairly frequently; partaking in all those sickeningly cute date things:
ice cream and window shopping
making out on the couch until one in the morning
hiking; sitting at the top for hours talking, getting sunburned
drinking cheap wine and kissing in street
playing billiards with a group of collage boys(i like to think we CREAMED them)
we danced
we laughed
we cuddled
we met each others friends:
     she charmed everyone with her smile and infectious happiness
     her friends laughed at my jokes and ooo'd over my gold star status
she was nervous and cautious about sleeping together...i waited patiently (no really!) until she was ready.
it was worth the wait
i made her chocolate chip pancakes, she told me i was incredible
    i told her she was beautiful. she kissed me, chocolate still on her lips

she became my champion while i vied three men for a promotion at work
i became her rock as she dealt with family crisis and health issues
we volunteered on thanksgiving; were late to dinner due to mad, passionate shower sex

we had decided not to rush into labeling whatever it was we had going...
     at one point she said, "are you my girl?"
     i answered by singing "My Girl" by The Temptations
     she fit perfectly in my arms as we slow danced




she would roll over in the night, wrap around her legs around me and whisper in my ear "you are amazing"


her very catholic, very Puerto Rican parents where coming to town. sh asked me if i would be willing to meet them. i was beyond surprised but agreed....
and somehow, a shift began....






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chocolate chip pancakes, shower sex and all the sweetness inbetween...

A shift,
that sinking feeling is setting in...

good grief, please finish this! I'm holding my breath~

Sweet Lily said...

Fantastic!
Thanks, Harper.