14.2.12

Dating Blues:Giselle #1

after a hot and heavy evening of washing dishes and folding clothes, i am curled up in bed with a very sore throat, a very restless puppy and a very soulful Patsy Cline. 
happy fucking valentines day

but, lets not dwell here...lets talk about Giselle. 

that will be much more fun. 

September 2011
Tuesday finally came...i was feeling quite dapper in my best fall weather sweater, Levi's and chucks. I waited at the bar for a woman i barely knew...who i could only recognize from bite size photos on an online dating service...what was i thinking?!!? When she arrived,however, Giselle put a silly smirk on my face immediately. She walked in grinning, an informal "hey there" slipped off her tongue and tickled my ears...have i mentioned how sexy her voice was? damn, she was cute, with her curly hair and little specs....her olive skin and wide eyes. and, by some miracle, she was just about an inch shorter than me (a miracle because i be real, real short). she refused all first date conversation so we spent our time sharing difficult coming out stories, gushing over the sheer joy of thrifting and just how many Steven Segal movies are there really? we agonized over how hard it is to find decent dates...
"but" she said, "i think i may have finally found someone decent."
a few hours later, i walked her to her car...and stole a quick hug...she was soft and smelled oh so good.
she giggled as she got into her car, excited to tell her friends that she may have just met a pretty neat gal. i walked home, light as a feather and bubbling over with excitement. i had no expectation other than i really wanted to see her again.
next time on dating blues: giselle #2!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAaaahhh, I want to know what happened! I know... patiently waitig for the next post.

Hope you and your puppy are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your blog yesterday & am profoundly enjoying it esp since I have been going through similar & thought I was oh so alone. Today I can LOL at myself.

Harper said...

thanks late bloomer! we are on the mend!
anonymous: you are definitely not alone! ;)